Is is difficult for you to get to the shop in the morning?
Don’t worry. You’re not the only one. We can work around this so you don’t need to modify your schedule.
Early-Bird drop off
You can leave your car before we open. Here’s how:
- Park your car outside the shop.
- Remove all your valuables and lock the car.
- Find the early bird envelopes and drop slot. If you’re facing the large roll-up gate on Russel, you’ll see a box of envelopes and a mail slot that feeds into the building.
- Fill out the form on the envelope — most important is your phone number.
- Put your key in the envelope, seal it, and put it in the slot. Please make sure it goes all the way into the building.
- When the morning rush dies down (~9:30AM most days), we’ll call you.
- If you haven’t heard from us by 10AM, call us. This is really important. We can’t start work without talking to you
You can also drop your car off the day before
If it’s not convenient to drop your car off on the day of your appointment, you can drop it off the day before. If we receive the car during business hours, we’ll keep it inside overnight where it will be nice and safe.
Is arriving before 5:30PM difficult?
Have no fear! We can also accommodate this!
We can lock your car outside the shop so you can pick it up after hours. There are some rules though. We will not arrange a lockout until the car is complete and it’s your responsibility to call and set up the lockout after the car is done and before we close. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll need to have a spare key for your car, and bring it with you on the day of the appointment.
- After the car is done, we’ll make an effort to call you and let you know, as always, but in the end it’s your responsibility to call us and make sure the lockout gets set up.
- When you call we’ll discuss any final notes and you can pay with a credit card over the phone.
- We’ll put the key you gave us in the car. The particulars of where the key and paperwork will be are set up when you call in at the end of the day. We’ll also let you know roughly where we’ll park the car so you can find it.
- The neighborhood is really nice these days, but things can happen and we aren’t responsible for your car once it’s locked out.
Do you need your car for work or to get to work?
For some people, it’s impossible to get to work without a car, and others need their car to do their job. If you’re one of the few that can’t live without a car for a day, check with our friends at Rent-a-Relic. Their rates are surprisingly low, and despite the name, the cars are newish and reliable. They can usually offer pick up and drop off at the shop. You can also check our page on getting around without your car for other suggestions.
We’d rather you come into the shop when we’re open
It’s best all-around to drop off and pick up when we’re open, but we absolutely understand that it’s not possible for everyone. We offer these options in an attempt to make your life a little easier. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us, or call us.
Thank for reading!